Rapid COVID-19 Testing Questions and Answers
We offer Rapid Antigen and PCR COVID-19 testing by appointment only. We are screening all applicants first. Please call us for more information. Our COVID-19 testing system is drive-up testing. Please call once you have arrived.
Do I need to be hospitalized if I have mild COVID-19 symptoms?
If you have severe COVID-19 symptoms (symptoms that are life-threatening), you will need to call 9-1-1 for emergency care and you may require hospitalization. Severe symptoms include:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain/pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
Most frequently, COVID-19 symptoms are mild (non-life-threatening). For mild symptoms, you are less likely to require hospitalization and more likely able to recover at home. If you have these symptoms, call us so we can determine if you need to be tested. You can reach us at (973) 221-8443. Please do not visit us in-person if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms as this will place our other patients and staff at risk of infection.
Common mild symptoms include:
- Body aches
- Dry Cough
What should you do if you may have been exposed to COVID-19 and have no symptoms?
You can have COVID-19 and not experience any common symptoms. You can also transmit COVID-19 when you do not have any symptoms. If you suspect you may have COVID-19 but are not noticing symptoms, you need to quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days. This means you must remain at home, avoid contact with other people, and continue to monitor yourself for symptoms. Call us at our center for further details.
How do I book a COVID-19 test?
If you have mild COVID-19 symptoms, you may need to be tested. Please understand that we are screening all applicants first. Please read the following procedures to schedule COVID-19 testing:
- Call the Totowa Immedicenter at (973) 221-8443 to book an appointment with us.
- If we believe you should get tested, we will book an appointment for you to visit our center for drive-up testing in our parking lot.
- For your test, please remain in your car and call us once you have arrived so we can walk out to meet you and provide the test.
- We will provide your test safely and provide you instructions on how to proceed.
Our staff and other patients appreciate your understanding and cooperation!